Leeds Farm, located in Ostrander, is fun – plain and simple. There are ginormous slides, bikes, a giant pumpkin trampoline, rolly tube things, a haybarn with slides, ziplines for adults and children, animals to feed and pet, a hayride, a “banana bus” ride, a grainery where there are beds of corn kernels for kids to play in, and homemade pies. Some serious play can happen in a short amount of time. The best part is, kids of all ages can be entertained. My one and a half year old was motoring down the slides, making multiple trips down the slides in the haybarn, feeding the goats, and took a ride in the “banana bus.” My three year old enjoyed the same activities, but she was old enough for the pumpkin trampoline, and also found it quite silly to bury her daddy in the hay.
After all that play, food is definitely in order. I would recommend bringing a lunch (especially vegetarians) and then purchasing a piece of homemade pie. If you don’t want to bring lunch, they have chili, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, and chips. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the farm, and it was obvious the owners take great pride in their land and truly want families to enjoy their visit. The staff was friendly, helpful, and clearly loved seeing kids having fun. It was an overall great experience. I’d love to go again this year!
Check out my post at Kidslinked for even more information Leeds Farm: Fall Fun for the Whole Family.
8738 St. Rt. 36
Ostrander, OH 43061
Here’s to hoping there are a few nice weekends in October! No more rain, please.
Some tips if you decide to go:
- Bring cash. This is actually a general rule of thumb for all of your farm excursions.
- Leave the stroller unless you have a baby who needs it.
- Carry only essentials. I had my big diaper bag with me and it was cumbersome. I ended up just changing my toddler in the car, and could have left the diaper bag there.
- Wear good shoes, especially if it seems like a wet day.
- Be prepared to get dirty! Caregivers – trust me, those big tube slides are hard to resist!
- They have tons of pumpkins! Oh, and kettle corn….
- Don’t forget your camera – lots of beautiful, colorful shots.