The Works is an educational hands-on kids museum located about 45 minutes east of Columbus in Newark, Ohio. We had a blast building cars to race, learning about the old Ohio canals, watching a glass blowing artist create a vase, and playing on the interurben railway car (popular mode of transportation in Ohio from 1900 [...]
We spent the morning at the Scioto Audubon Metro Park, and had so much fun that we can’t wait to go back. The park had a playground, trails for hiking, a wooden walkway over the pond where we spied ducks, turtles, and cat tails, and then we climbed the water tower. Seriously, we could have [...]
My son and I went to our first preschool program together at Blendon Woods. The Central Ohio Metro Parks offer year-round programs for people of all ages, and not only are they fun and educational, but free! We attended a program designed for the preschool aged group called “Big Trees.” A naturalist took us on [...]
Field of Dreams Equine Education Center is one of the coolest places I’ve heard about lately. I found out about the farm from Kate over at A Kate Offering, a local blogger whose boys had a magical time finger painting horses, riding ponies, and brushing fine equine coats. Seriously, I smiled and gasped with joy [...]
I know, I know, not Ohio, but the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is awesome – plain and simple. From the incredible hands-on exhibits to the amount of play that can be done in one visit, this is truly worthy of a day trip or part of a weekend get-away. My husband had a conference in [...]
Not sure if I’ve mentioned this lately, but I love the library. We have a fantastic library system in Columbus with FREE access to books, job and homework help, concerts, author visits, story times for children, and my favorite thing of all: Summer Reading Club! This year the Columbus Metropolitan Library‘s Summer Reading Club slogan [...]
- Charity Newsies Application Process Begins in July June 25, 2018
- Spring in Ohio Means Clean Up – Call Curb Appeal Clean May 6, 2018
- Disney On Ice Presents Reach for the Stars! January 15, 2018
- BalletMet Nutcracker Time! December 1, 2017
- Curb Appeal Clean: Clean Up the Outside of Your Home August 24, 2017
- The MAiZE at Little Darby Creek September 28, 2016
- Ohio Bird Sanctuary September 4, 2016
- cBus Mom: That is hysterical, Lara! What a cutie. She doesn...
- Lara K: We love this park and the walk up along the dam fr...
- cBus Mom: You might want to call - I am not sure!...
- Alona: is the beach dog friendly?...
- Jennifer: Here is a fun activity to do with your kids! Disne...
- Jennifer: Here is a great deal to share with your local Colu...
- cBus Mom: As far as I know, but you may want to call to see ...
- Activities By Season (264)
- Activities By Type (263)
- Birthday Planning (35)
- Gift Giving (26)
- Guest Post (22)
- Limited Time (100)
- Road Trippin' (23)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Volunteer (7)