I was invited to a sneak peek of the newly renovated Main Library and I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was sleek, beautiful, modern, open…just incredible. The space welcomes the community and will inspire readers, researchers and writers. The Columbus Metropolitan Main Library will open to the community on Saturday, June 25 at noon. There [...]
So, I am getting on my soap box. Grab a seat, I’ve got lots to share. Today’s topic is the “Summer Slide.” Have you heard of it? Probably from your children’s teachers in the form of, “we need to prevent the summer slide” or “well, many kids slide over summer because they don’t read.” I [...]
Not sure if I’ve mentioned this lately, but I love the library. We have a fantastic library system in Columbus with FREE access to books, job and homework help, concerts, author visits, story times for children, and my favorite thing of all: Summer Reading Club! This year the Columbus Metropolitan Library‘s Summer Reading Club slogan [...]
Another guest post from the awesome iCate. Cate is currently a SAHM who was laid off from corporate America two years ago. She used to work project plans – and now spends her days building forts, managing play-doh and legos, and reading countless books with her kids. She never watches TV and dreams of ways [...]
Let’s Keep Resources Available for the Community and Our Children: Keep CML Strong and Vote YES on Issue 4
Last week the Dublin Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library system had a “Grave Tales” storytime for children. It was set on the lawn in back of the library near a graveyard. The graveyard is pretty significant – it has resting in it the souls that came to Dublin over 200 years ago when Dublin [...]
Books, music, videos, story times, and homework help all FREE! Gotta love the public library. I have always been a huge fan of the library and enjoy going to hang out with the books, but had no idea the plethora of services they offered until I had children. The Central Ohio libraries have story times, [...]
- The MAiZE at Little Darby Creek September 28, 2016
- Ohio Bird Sanctuary September 4, 2016
- Glen’s Sports Barn in Westerville, OH August 5, 2016
- Pelotonia: One of the Most Important Rides July 27, 2016
- Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH July 15, 2016
- Summer Letterbox Adventure with Preservation Parks July 1, 2016
- Newly Renovated Main Library Downtown June 22, 2016
- cBus Mom: That is hysterical, Lara! What a cutie. She doesn...
- Lara K: We love this park and the walk up along the dam fr...
- cBus Mom: You might want to call - I am not sure!...
- Alona: is the beach dog friendly?...
- Jennifer: Here is a fun activity to do with your kids! Disne...
- Jennifer: Here is a great deal to share with your local Colu...
- cBus Mom: As far as I know, but you may want to call to see ...
- Activities By Season (259)
- Activities By Type (261)
- Birthday Planning (35)
- Gift Giving (26)
- Guest Post (22)
- Limited Time (97)
- Road Trippin' (23)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Volunteer (7)