My children became Junior Rangers through the Columbus Metro Parks over the weekend. The program was held at Highbanks Dragonfly Day Camp and was very well organized and educational. Oh, and it was free. Many of the amazing programs held by the Metro Parks are free. Take advantage! I do, because they are a great [...]
Did you know that the Metro Park system offers archery? I was perusing the Park Scope magazine and saw that it was offered at various times and locations this summer. The best part? It is FREE and FUN! The classes filled really early and I was lucky to get us in when I did. I [...]
Columbus Metro Parks has a summer geocaching scavenger hunt going on through August 31. They have hidden 15 caches at 15 different parks. What is exciting is that in addition to finding the cache, there is a code word sheet that needs to be solved. Clues to solving the codes are inside each cache. We [...]
Thanks to all of you who tuned into my appearance on Fox 28′s Good Day Columbus! Here are the family fun activities I talked about for November, as follows: Field Sports in Dublin: let the kids run it out on their indoor fields, play b-ball or fly across the basketball court on scooters, bounce in [...]
The days following Thanksgiving were just gorgeous! We felt as if the weather was beckoning us outside, so we took a hike to see the bison at Battelle Darby Creek. The park is located in Galloway – about a twenty-five minute drive from I-270 and Sawmill Road…fyi, currently there is construction on the freeway. Just [...]
My son and I went to our first preschool program together at Blendon Woods. The Central Ohio Metro Parks offer year-round programs for people of all ages, and not only are they fun and educational, but free! We attended a program designed for the preschool aged group called “Big Trees.” A naturalist took us on [...]
When was the last time you skipped a stone, climbed a tree, or played in a stream with your kids? If you haven’t done it in a while, take the kids to one of Central Ohio’s Metro Parks Natural Play Areas. Batelle Darby Creek, Highbanks, Prairie Oaks, Sharon Woods, and Three Creeks have areas designed [...]
- BalletMet’s The Nutcracker: A Family Tradition November 19, 2018
- Charity Newsies Application Process Begins in July June 25, 2018
- Spring in Ohio Means Clean Up – Call Curb Appeal Clean May 6, 2018
- Disney On Ice Presents Reach for the Stars! January 15, 2018
- BalletMet Nutcracker Time! December 1, 2017
- Curb Appeal Clean: Clean Up the Outside of Your Home August 24, 2017
- The MAiZE at Little Darby Creek September 28, 2016
- cBus Mom: That is hysterical, Lara! What a cutie. She doesn...
- Lara K: We love this park and the walk up along the dam fr...
- cBus Mom: You might want to call - I am not sure!...
- Alona: is the beach dog friendly?...
- Jennifer: Here is a fun activity to do with your kids! Disne...
- Jennifer: Here is a great deal to share with your local Colu...
- cBus Mom: As far as I know, but you may want to call to see ...
- Activities By Season (265)
- Activities By Type (264)
- Birthday Planning (35)
- Gift Giving (26)
- Guest Post (22)
- Limited Time (101)
- Road Trippin' (23)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Volunteer (7)