My kids, like most kids, love nature and wildlife. They are always picking up bugs, frogs, snakes – anything they can catch. Recently we were in Florida, and had to spend at least 20 minutes each day tracking little anoles in the bushes. So, when I saw the Ohio Wildlife Center was offering a family [...]
My children became Junior Rangers through the Columbus Metro Parks over the weekend. The program was held at Highbanks Dragonfly Day Camp and was very well organized and educational. Oh, and it was free. Many of the amazing programs held by the Metro Parks are free. Take advantage! I do, because they are a great [...]
Friends of the Sawmill Wetlands “Sawmill Saturdays” start up this Saturday. Friends of the Sawmill Wetlands are dedicated to the preservation of the wetlands that are located behind Whole Foods in Dublin. Did you know there was a wetlands in that area? On “Sawmill Saturdays” they open them up from 10a – noon for the [...]
I can’t believe I grew up in Dublin and never knew about this little gem! Did you know there were waterfalls in Dublin? Indian Run Falls Park is located across from the US Post Office at 700 Shawan Falls Drive in downtown Dublin. The park has a few picnic tables, a beautifully maintained path for [...]
Have you heard of White-Nose Syndrome? It is a fungus that bats are getting during hibernation, and it is killing them. Ohio alone has lost thousands of bats and the numbers keep increasing. Researchers, scientists, and wildlife experts are working hard to find the cause, how to stop it from spreading, and a cure for [...]
My son and I went to our first preschool program together at Blendon Woods. The Central Ohio Metro Parks offer year-round programs for people of all ages, and not only are they fun and educational, but free! We attended a program designed for the preschool aged group called “Big Trees.” A naturalist took us on [...]
When was the last time you skipped a stone, climbed a tree, or played in a stream with your kids? If you haven’t done it in a while, take the kids to one of Central Ohio’s Metro Parks Natural Play Areas. Batelle Darby Creek, Highbanks, Prairie Oaks, Sharon Woods, and Three Creeks have areas designed [...]
- Spring in Ohio Means Clean Up – Call Curb Appeal Clean May 6, 2018
- Disney On Ice Presents Reach for the Stars! January 15, 2018
- BalletMet Nutcracker Time! December 1, 2017
- Curb Appeal Clean: Clean Up the Outside of Your Home August 24, 2017
- The MAiZE at Little Darby Creek September 28, 2016
- Ohio Bird Sanctuary September 4, 2016
- Glen’s Sports Barn in Westerville, OH August 5, 2016
- cBus Mom: That is hysterical, Lara! What a cutie. She doesn...
- Lara K: We love this park and the walk up along the dam fr...
- cBus Mom: You might want to call - I am not sure!...
- Alona: is the beach dog friendly?...
- Jennifer: Here is a fun activity to do with your kids! Disne...
- Jennifer: Here is a great deal to share with your local Colu...
- cBus Mom: As far as I know, but you may want to call to see ...
- Activities By Season (263)
- Activities By Type (263)
- Birthday Planning (35)
- Gift Giving (26)
- Guest Post (22)
- Limited Time (99)
- Road Trippin' (23)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Volunteer (7)