I am thrilled to have a new mom writer for Cbus Mom. Her name is Kelly and she has three kids – a 15 month old son and 8 and 5 year old daughters. Needless to state, she has her hands full. Look for her posts over the coming months. She has some great stuff to share, such as information on toy and food drives in Central Ohio, lookie:
The need is great in Central Ohio and the options are endless. Almost anywhere you go over the next few weeks you will have an opportunity to donate to local toy and food drives. What works best for me is to develop a plan of what and where we want to donate so that we can involve the entire family. My kids get really excited about helping others including sharing their gently used toys or gifting a toy from their own wish list. We’ve participated in the Stonybrook UMC Toy drive for last five years. It’s a great way to clean out your gently used toys and make room for the new toys Santa will be bringing.
- Firefighters 4 Kids Accepting new unwrapped toys for children ages 0-14 and monetary donations. Donations will be accepted at any Franklin County Fire Station beginning November 1st through December 24th anytime during the station hours. Or attend the WCMH Firefighters 4 Kids Toy Drive on Saturday, December 13 8:00-3:00. Also noted if you bring a new, unwrapped toy to Holiday Pops this weekend you will receive a voucher for one free ticket to a 2014 Picnic with the Pops concert.
- Toys for Joy - Nov 10th – Dec 12th 2014. Toy collections for ages birth-12 years. New & unwrapped items only.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital - A gift of toys, games or activity supplies can make a big difference to children and families spending time in the hospital. They provide a wish list for donations including gifts to buy and gifts to make. Please read Donation Drop Off Instructions carefully
- Please Guild of Nationwide Children’s Hospital - “Adopt a Hospice Family” Program allows individuals & organizations around Central Ohio the opportunity to help local families during their greatest moment of need. Beginning November 23rd you can register to adopt a family, please send your name and mailing address to PleasureGuildNCH@gmail.com.
- Holiday Wish - is a personalized gift-giving program that allows youth under the care of Franklin County Children Services to request a special toy or gift.
- Stonybrook UMC accepting donations of new and gently used toys November 30 till December 5. 485 Cherry Bottom Rd. Gahanna, OH.
- Stonewall Columbus Center is seeking holiday toys for dozens of kids in foster care by December 20th at 5:00pm. Located on High at 1160 N High Street, Columbus, OH 43201
- Mid Ohio Food Bank Show your support by attending one of these upcoming fun events that benefit the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. They also partner with Giant Eagle & Kroger.
- Operation True Religion (OPR) deliveries of food baskets to elderly shut-ins all over Columbus each year at Christmas. OPR is great for the whole family and will be held on Saturday, December 20th, 2014 and will begin at 9:45 a.m.
- Victory Ministries has a Free Clothing Store where kids clothes especially boys are needed year round.
- Worthington Resource Pantry - Items needed at the pantry include baked beans, ready-to-eat soups, shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste. You can also donate through your Kroger rewards card or AmazonSmile purchases.